06 Nov Oscar De La Renta
Last month saw the sad passing of a fashion legend, Oscar de la Renta. The 82 year old passed peacefully at home after an eight year battle with cancer.
It was only a few small months ago that he created the stunning Amal Alamuddin’s dress for her wedding to the world’s most eligible bachelor, George Clooney.
Today we celebrate the creative life of a fashion superstar by curating a collection of Oscar de la Renta’s incredible creations on celebrities from the world of fashion, movies, music and politics.
1. Amal Alamuddin at her final dress fitting before marrying George Clooney.
The great Oscar de la Renta is by her side – 2014
George and I wanted a wedding that was romantic and elegant, and I can’t imagine anyone more able than Oscar to capture this mood in a dress.
– Amal Clooney
Image credit: Annie Leibovitz
2. Sarah Jessica Parker at the Met Ball New York – May 2014
3. Taylor Swift at the Costume Institute Gala in New York – May 2014
Oscar, it was an honour to wear your creations and to know you.
– Taylor Swift
4. Jacqueline Kennedy on the Goodwill tour to India and Pakistan – 1962
5. Emma Watson at the movie premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – 2011
Thank you for your artistry, Mr de la Renta.
– Rose McGowan
6. Jessica Biel at the Tiffany & Co Blue Book event – 2014
7. Katy Perry at the 2013 American Music Awards
Oscar completely understands who he is and who he is dressing. He never tried to be avant-garde or difficult. He just does really good clothes, never overtly sexy but attractive, colourful and feminine.
– Anna Wintour
8. Isla Fisher at the premiere of The Great Gatsby at the Cannes Film Festival – 2013
9. Carrie Underwood at the Billboard Music Awards – 2012
10. Gisele Bundchen at the 39th AFI Life Achievement Award – 2012
I’ve worn Oscar de la Renta’s signature fragrance my whole adult life. It is like his designs and life. Classic, soft, feminine and elegant.
– Jamie Lee Curtis.
Rest in peace Oscar de la Renta.