07 Jan 7 Top Tips for staying cool at a summer wedding
It’s been a very hot summer in Sydney, so we’ve put together 7 top tips for staying cool at a summer wedding.
1. Start your day with a tepid shower, pat dry (do not rub your skin) then use a powder puff to apply a soft layer of talcum powder all over your body.
2. Ensure you and your party are hydrated at least 3 days in advance. Filling up on H20 the day of the wedding is merely going to give you a belly.
3. Put fruit pieces in your water bottle. Fruit, such as watermelon and mango help to reduce your body temperature.
4. Consider wearing your hair as an up do – wearing your hair out can cause serious heat overload.
5. Avoid using liquid makeup and opt for powder -based foundation. Better still, hire a beautician that is experienced in air brush techniques. This method is guaranteed to withstand sweat and tears.
6. Put together a survival kit for your bridal party which would include face blotters, travel size deodorant and face spritzers.
7. Scientists tell us that applying cool items to our pulse points is a quick way to lower body heat. To get instant relief try applying an ice pack to your wrists, your neck, the back of your knees and arches of feet.
What techniques have you used to stay cool at a summer wedding?